Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
Mix first 3 ingredients thoroughly, then complete step 4, then add 5 through 9
- 1 ounce Red Food Coloring
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- Add 3 Eggs One at a time (mixing well after each)
- 2 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 1 Cup buttermilk
Grease and flour two 9″ pans or three 8″ pans for a taller cake. Divide batter equally and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Cups Confectioners Sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 Cup of Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 – 8 ounce box of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Cup of Pecans (optional)
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. You can add a dash of milk to make the icing creamier and easier to spread.
Pecans can be added into the icing or sprinkled on top.
Last step…..ENJOY !